Here’s a video I also took of my front garden today: http://twitvid.com/WMQUR
Posts tagged ‘Urns’
I thought I’d mix it up a bit this month. Since it was DARK and all my plants are hibernating, I took pictures of my winter interest plants (and a couple fun things as well).
1. Urn filled with Boxleaf Hebe, Black Mondo Grass & Scarlet Leader Cotoneaster 2. Oak Leaf Huechera 3. My Lion
4. My Espalier Apple Arbor 5. Side of Apple Arbor 6. Japanese Maple
7. Old Fashion Rose 8. Red Twig Dogwood 9. Ginkgo Tree
10. Wisteria Vine 11. Glass Balls (rescued from frozen pond) 12. London Pride
13. Holly Berries 14. Euphorbia 15. Stella
16. Euphorbia 17. Euphorbia 18. Scarlet Leader Cotoneaster Berries
Every couple years my front porch starts to look a little shabby. To spruce it up this year, I painted the porch a nice black color and replanted the urns. One of these days I’m going to resurface the front porch with stone and replace the front walk with a more natural walkway. Until then, a new coat of paint does wonders.
Left (front yard urns): Boxleaf Hebe, Aurea Heather, Black Mondo Grass & Scarlet Leader Cotoneaster
Right (back yard urn): Orme Hebe, Spring Torch Heather & Scarlet Leader Cotoneaster
In just a couple hours I went from hating my front porch to accepting it – almost liking it. I bet when the urns fill out – I’ll love this spot even more.
What’s funny is that last time I painted the porch I pretty much just painted it the color of concrete. Then because I picked a laytex paint it scratched off the show the green paint underneath – I hated it from day one.
Click here to see what my house looked like when I bought it in 2005.