Most days I want to live in my little paradise forever. Then other days, like today, I think about all the things I want and/or need that I simply don’t have room for. I feel like I’m busting at the seams and my jungle is closing in on me (probably has something to do with the giant aerator that’s blocking the side yard).
Anyway, in an attempt to be organized I made a list of all the things I think I’m missing out on:
- Bee hives
- Bocce ball court
- More chickens
- Trees of all sizes, shapes and colors
- A meadow where I can freely blow dandelion seeds and make all the wishes I want
- Garden beds with properly spaced plants
- A hot tub
- An outdoor fireplace
- More parking (for my future Airstream)
Other than the hot tub and outdoor fireplace , I don’t think I’m asking for too much.
To counter balance my ‘feeling sorry for myself’ list, I thought I’d also give the positives of a small lot.
- Minimal lawn care
- Save money since I don’t have room for more plants, trees, a hot tub, an outdoor fireplace or an Airstream
- Less yard to maintain and weed
- Lush flower beds since I’ve over planted
- Walking distance to groceries and restaurants
- My pets are less likely to get eaten by wild animals
- I get to practice my espalier skills
- I don’t have enough room for bee hives. Do I really need another hobby?
- More time to hang out with friends and venture away from the garden from time to time
Who knows what I’ll end up doing. What I do know is that I REALLY want a bocce ball court. There’s always the hell strip on the other side of the hedge or maybe that last bit of lawn? Hmmmmm.
Plus, I can always head over to your house to make my wishes…