NW Flower & Garden Show
The NW Flower and Garden show (in Seattle) opened yesterday and runs though the weekend. I made my annual trek to see the gardens and do a little shopping. I took a couple pictures of my favorite gardens to share.
I’ll start with McAuliffe’s Nursery. It’s somewhat close to my house and I’ve visited it often. It’s a great nursery.
A couple things I liked about their demo garden:
• they had the best plant tags. Cuts of wood painted w/ chalk paint.
• their potting bench made from salvage materials was inspiring
• I really enjoyed their plant choices and colors
The Association of Professional Landscape Designers (APLD) demo garden had my favorite plant combos. Here are a couple other things that caught my eye:
• they had a classic water feature that complimented the rest of the design
• they used a variety of plant colors and textures that I can use at home
West Seattle Nursery was also a favorite with their catchy “Birds do it…Bees do it…” garden theme. Also a great Billie Holiday song. Why I liked it:
• gave habitat ideas for birds and insects
• vibrant colors and fun plant combinations
• unique bird feeders
And the last garden I want to share was designed by Adam Gorski Landscape Inc. I liked the elegance and simplicity of this garden.
• cork plant tags – what a great idea
• large stone columns & fountain
• wine barrel chairs
• green & burgundy plants
I hope you enjoyed my garden show teaser. If you want to see more you’ll just have to visit the show.